Cambia Portland Classic Seeking Volunteer Marshals
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 16, 2017
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Jeanne Dahl (503) 626-2711
Suzanne Johansen (503) 626-2711
The 2016 Cambia Portland Classic has openings for marshals and other volunteer positions. The Tournament runs from August 31st to September 3rd at Columbia Edgewater Country Club in Portland, OR.
Marshaling at the Cambia Portland Classic provides a rare opportunity to be inside the ropes with the best women golfers in the world. Additionally, volunteers are an essential part of the longest running professional golf tournament in the Pacific Northwest. Since 1972, the tournament has worked to raise needed funds for local children’s charities. None of that would be possible without the support of volunteers. Tournament Golf Foundation (TGF), the non-profit organization that conducts the LPGA event is committed to providing a memorable experience for all who volunteer.
Every volunteer receives the following, all included with the $28 volunteer fee:
- Adidas Golf Shirt (marshal uniform)
• Free Parking
• Admission to the tournament and 1 guest pass for all tournament days
• Access to the volunteer tent overlooking the practice facility
• Fresh coffee and donuts each morning
• Daily lunch from a rotation of providers, including some of Portland’s best food trucks
• Invitation to the volunteer party (featuring refreshments provided by Salty’s)
Marshals are needed Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (August 31st -September3rd). You must sign up for at least three shifts and uniforms are mandatory.
To register, and for more information on marshaling duties and available shifts, visit portlandclassic.com or contact Tournament Golf Foundation at 503-626-2711. Also, follow and like us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more information on the Portland Classic.